With the holidays on the way, you might start to think about sending holiday cheer to your customers. A holiday card can be a great way to thank your current business associates, reconnect with past customers, or reach out to new ones in a non-salesy way.
Of course you want your holiday cards to leave a great impression, so here are a few things to keep in mind:
• First you want to choose a card that is appropriate, not only for your business, but also for your recipients. If you offer a professional service, something casual or funny might not be suitable.
• Second you want to use a high quality card. A cheaply printed, do-it-yourself card might not best represent your business.
• Have your company logo and contact information on the card! (Or at least include your business card) If you’re reaching out to your customers, you might as well reinforce your brand, and make sure they have your current contact information.
• Make sure you sign your cards personally. Writing a short message and signing it, adds a personal touch that will be appreciated.
• Lastly you want to be timely with your greetings. Some customers and clients will be away for the holidays, so you want to send your cards early. If you start today, you can get custom, personalized cards in plenty of time for the holidays.
Sending a holiday card can be a subtle form of advertising while you send goodwill to your customers. It keeps you and your company top-of-mind and shows your appreciation all at once (which is also cost-effective.)